Help a noob setup the UT3 DB

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
Sledgehammer

Help a noob setup the UT3 DB

Postby Sledgehammer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:38 am

Hi All,

As per the title, I need help setting the stats logging on my LAN. I hope you can help even if I ask the most stoopid questions, would be appreciated.

I'm running on XP SP2:
Utstats 1.04:
UT3 all patches current w Titan Pack:

I only play LAN UT3 with my kids and have d/l the stats mutators, PHP 5. (do I need this as well?) and the statsdb 3.06 standalone. The log files are being generated in the log folder, but I have no idea how to pick them up into the DB. In the admin.php webpage, I really don't understand much about configuring the db.

For example I can see the path ./logs/, but where should the statsdb folder located, (eg should it be in the same "Logs" folder?). I note the path states either absolute or relative. I have NFI in webserver terms what each is.

Do I also need to change any settings in the utstats mutator ini files at all?

I feel dumb asking the above, but I'm no Web/HTTP techy head. :oops:

thanks in advance.

Cockbite

Re: Help a noob setup the UT3 DB

Postby Cockbite » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:40 pm

All you need is the mutator and the standalone server package. Your logs should be in this folder.

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
In the Logs Config section of the admin page, change the the Log Path to that folder. Don't forget to change the user name to match yours.

Also, change the Stas Prefix to this.

Code: Select all

Stats-
Enter a Backup Path if you want to keep backups of your logs, otherwise the will just be deleted.

Once those options are set you can parse your logs into the database by clicking on the Parse Logs section of the Admin page.

Sledgehammer

Re: Help a noob setup the UT3 DB

Postby Sledgehammer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:45 pm

thanks so much for your help. worked a treat. :D Main problem was the "stats-" prefix

Return to “UTStatsDB”