UT3 Stats Development

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
Panther
Site Admin

UT3 Stats Development

Postby Panther » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:41 am

I've posted a few UT3 Deathmatch matches:
<removed>

Basic stats are functional which currently just includes logins, kills, and item pickups. I was able to accomplish this much at least using the basic UTMutator and GameRules classes. The next step will require creating new game types to access the UTGame class.

killereye

Re: UT3 Stats Development

Postby killereye » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:40 am

Nice work! Keep it going :)

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks to some code supplied by another user on these forums, it looks like I'll be able to get all the stat logging features implemented without doing anything with the game types. I've completely reworked the logger and have just about everything needed for a test release except for scoring. That's next. I now know far more about UScript than I ever planned to.

omihaz

Postby omihaz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:38 pm

WOW! :geek:

Good work.
UTStatsDB script compatible with UT3 OLStat?
Where get it to beta test?

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:33 am

WOW! :geek:

Good work.
UTStatsDB script compatible with UT3 OLStat?
Where get it to beta test?
No, it's not OverloadUT's OLStats but something I wrote. I'm sure OverloadUT could do much better if he would find the time to write a stat logger for UT3. However, in the meantime I'm just trying to make something that's functional. As for a test version, it's not quite ready yet, though I have made more progress. Scoring is a bit of an issue, and I'm having to do a sort of messy hack to get it accurate. At least Deathmatch logging works well.

voidy

Postby voidy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:56 am

Are you going ot have beta tester .. I have a few servers i would like to get it on.

TidbiT

Postby TidbiT » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Panther,

I've written a stat mutator for UT3 that generates log files using the FileWriter class. It works under Windows but not with the linux dedicated server. I've been hoping for some help on the Epic forums:
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600647
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=605737

Are you also using the FileWriter class and have you got it to work in linux? Oh please say yes :)

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Are you also using the FileWriter class and have you got it to work in linux?
I am using the FileWriter class. It does NOT work under LInux. Glad to know though that it's not just me. I'd posted about the issue on the UT3 Linux (icculus.org) mailing list but got absolutely no response. The files just simply don't get created under Linux. It definitely seems to be a but in the UT3 Linux code. My own servers run under Linux, I just do development in Windows.

How far along are you on your stats logger? There are things I don't have working yet or as well as I would like.

TidbiT

Postby TidbiT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Well, I guess FileWriter not working on Linux is a actual UT3 bug, not my bug (for a change).
I've exchanged a couple emails with Ryan regarding FileWriter. He said he would look into it. I guess we all just need to plead with him to fix it with the next patch.

My mutator is working well dumping DM and TDM events. I think there is still a bug or two regarding players changing teams. The output files mimic the old UT logs but the schema and interface is quite different. I run 1 server with 5 to 10 friends at the most, so our stats are geared for a very-semi-organized very-small community. I'd be happy to pass along my mess, uh, I mean code :)

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm working on the team stuff and scoring now, but the problem is that there isn't a nice single call every time someone scores now, but instead I have to monitor a number of different score events and add the score in manually. Unfortunately, I don't know what events are worth how many points so if anyone has info on team game scoring please let me know. If you notice anything I might be able to use from your code, TidbiT, by all means, I'd be happy to have some input.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm

rhvonlehe

Postby rhvonlehe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Love it! Keep up the good work! Things like this will go a long way toward making UT3 more popular.

Geddeth

Postby Geddeth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:03 am

Yeah, I'm certainly looking forward to this as well. :D

Max

Postby Max » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:03 am

I also really desperately waiting for it to come out :) Just didnt get one thing-would it work with a special mutator or you allready find solution for it to work without anything like in ut2004?

Geddeth

Postby Geddeth » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:02 am

I also really desperately waiting for it to come out :) Just didnt get one thing-would it work with a special mutator or you allready find solution for it to work without anything like in ut2004?
As I understand it, the server has no built-in support for logging. So unless that happens in some future patch, it will always have to be done with a (server) mutator.

Return to “UTStatsDB”