UT3 Test 1 (Deathmatch only)

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
Panther
Site Admin

UT3 Test 1 (Deathmatch only)

Postby Panther » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Attached is the logger for UT3 which only works under Windows due to problems with the UT3 Linux version. You can download the updated version of UTStatsDB via the SVN repository (see the UTStatsDB home page). If you need a Subversion client I recommend TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.net).

To run the stat logger, stick the .u file with your other third party mods and include "?AccessControl=UT3Stats.UT3Stats" on your server startup line.
Attachments
UT3Stats.rar
UT3Stats logger test version 0.30
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

Geddeth

Re: UT3 Test 1 (Deathmatch only)

Postby Geddeth » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 am

This is great, Panther, and much needed.

And I don't mean to nag, but is Ryan Gordon aware that there are discrepancies in the way the Windows and Linux server works with your mutator? Perhaps it's an easy bug for him to fix?

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 am

I posted on his UT3 mailing list but there's not been a reply.

Starbuck

Postby Starbuck » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Great progress Panther...

The one problem I'm having is that the log files are not accessible until the server is shut down... I can't copy or view them.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm

The one problem I'm having is that the log files are not accessible until the server is shut down... I can't copy or view them.
Sounds like the file isn't getting closed properly when the match is over. I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting it.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Since it's been several days now since I posted on the UT3 Linux mailing list and have had no response, I've sent an email directly to Ryan Gordon. I'll let you know if he replies.

TidbiT

Postby TidbiT » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Please let us know if he replies. I've sent emails to him about this since early January. :(

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:09 am

I've now also posted a bug report at bugzilla.icculus.org regarding the FileWriter OpenFile function. I tried messing with directory permissions and parameters passed to the OpenFile function but still it always returned failure.

TidbiT

Postby TidbiT » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:46 pm

I've not received any failure status from FileWriter. It appears to succeed but no file is actually created. Is this different from your experience Panther?

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 pm

I've not received any failure status from FileWriter. It appears to succeed but no file is actually created. Is this different from your experience Panther?
Yes. FileWriter.OpenFile always returns false under Linux for me. In Windows it returns true when it successfully creates the file.

Geddeth

Postby Geddeth » Wed May 21, 2008 4:32 am

I assume this is the bugreport you filed with Ryan. Still no change.

I know it's a long shot (I'm desperate), but do you think the UT3 Webadmin developer, Michiel 'elmuerte' Hendriks, could be of assistance? I mean, maybe the serverlogging could somehow be generated or activated through the Webadmin mutator (or however it's implemented), or perhaps he at least has some input on the matter, or maybe he can actually spur some activity on the FileWriter problem into Ryan or the Epic developers.

I'm really itching to help test UTStatsDB for UT3, but my server is on Linux, so I have to wait until some solution to this problem reveals itself.

Cheers,
G.

Starbuck

Postby Starbuck » Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 am

Interestingly, as of WebAdmin v1.2, elmuerte has added the ability to create a chatlog per game... it works flawlessly in (Windows 2003)... I haven't heard reports from anyone that it doesn't work in Linux.

Geddeth, maybe you could confirm this works on your Linux box...

Panther, it might be worth sneaking a peek at elmuerte's code to see if he's done anything differently with regards to writing log files...

:ugeek:

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

Interestingly, as of WebAdmin v1.2, elmuerte has added the ability to create a chatlog per game... it works flawlessly in (Windows 2003)... I haven't heard reports from anyone that it doesn't work in Linux.
I just checked El Muerte's code and saw nothing done differently. I then installed WebAdmin 1.3 and tried it on my server and it did not appear to create any log files.

Return to “UTStatsDB”