Failing to parse demos - failed to open stream: No such file

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
hitpoint

Failing to parse demos - failed to open stream: No such file

Postby hitpoint » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:03 am

I am having some serious issues regarding Demos from the games. In UT3 i have enabled demos being recorded with UTComp and with the following masking: ServerDemoMask=%td-%m

The output file look like this: 2013_12_28-13_32_31-Sentinel-2013_12_28-13_32_31.demo

PS: It seems the last date is added automatically to the filename-string in the end even i did not add it to the mask, i am not sure how to remove this part.

In UTStatDB, i have configured it like this:

Main Config -> Demorec Path: /ut3stats/Demos/

In the Demorec Path i have also tried the following ./Demos and /Demos, but it seems no matter what i do it fails when i run the log parsing, under is a copy of the errors i have managed to catch.

During download the files is placed in the /Demos-folder as i have specified in the Main config menu:

But here is the error message i get, and when i check the specific match in utstat website, there is no download link for the demo file.
Initializing ftp file transfer.
Connected to 'xxxxxxx.com' on port '21' for user 'xxxxxx'.
Enabling passive mode.
Successfully changed ftp directory to '/by_serverid/123456/Server Logs'.
Downloading log 'Stats-7977-20131228.133437.log'....successful - deleted.
Successfully changed ftp directory to '/by_serverid/123456/Demos'.
Downloading demo ''....
Warning: ftp_get(./Demos/) [function.ftp-get]: failed to open stream: Is a directory in /home/321www/public_html/ut3stats/logs.php on line 632

Warning: ftp_get() [function.ftp-get]: Error opening ./Demos/ in /home/321www/public_html/ut3stats/logs.php on line 632
failed!
Downloading demo ''....
Warning: ftp_get(./Demos/) [function.ftp-get]: failed to open stream: Is a directory in /home/321www/public_html/ut3stats/logs.php on line 632

Warning: ftp_get() [function.ftp-get]: Error opening ./Demos/ in /home/321www/public_html/ut3stats/logs.php on line 632
failed!
Downloading demo '2013_12_28-14_08_20-Sentinel_SF2-2013_12_28-14_08_20.demo'....successful - deleted.
Under is the particular code from line 632 that seems to fail, but i do not understand whym, because it seems very similar to the log-section of the code.

Code: Select all

if (ftp_get($conn_id, "{$demodir}$file", "$file", FTP_BINARY)) { echo "successful"; $demos++; if (!$save) { if (ftp_delete($conn_id, $file)) echo " - deleted.{$break}\n"; else echo " - deletion failed!{$break}\n"; } else echo ".{$break}\n"; } else echo "failed!{$break}\n"; } }

Panther
Site Admin

Re: Failing to parse demos - failed to open stream: No such

Postby Panther » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 am

It looks like the code causing the problem might be earlier. Are there any directories within your Demos path?

hitpoint

Postby hitpoint » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:16 pm

I checked the /Demos folder, where the files is supposed to be downloaded to and there is no extra Directory here. As this is a "warning" i did some research on the error message and it seems it is related to streaming of file to directory, but somehow this does not make sense to me, because both *log and *.demo is being streamed to their representative directories, there is no issue on the *.log files.

Anyway, it seems this is not the biggest issue as PHP only throw a gentle warning, but in fact the files is downloaded and placed in the directory, so i am happy with that :-)

(By the way: Thank you for removing the restriction on the forum, it is nice to be able to post again here :-) )

HitPoint

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that people weren't able to post and failed to visit the site for some time. There's still a requirement for new users to have posts approved initially, but not people who we know aren't here to annoy everyone.

Return to “UTStatsDB”