Split rankings in two

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
DrZoidberg

Split rankings in two

Postby DrZoidberg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi

Is it possible for me to plit the rankings between normal games and instagib games as is done on the epic main stats page?

I think i can probably work out how to display the two separate, but can i add a 2nd rankings link in the main menu under the original rankings link? or will i have to add it under the rest of the menu as the admin section allows me to do with extra links on the menu?

Thanks
Keith

Panther
Site Admin

Re: Split rankings in two

Postby Panther » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 am

The rankings are by different game types, but instagib is a mutator, not a separate game type. Still, it can be done, but would require modifying the log parser to check for the instagib mutator and redefine the game type.

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:13 pm

I have the games with instagib running as seperate game types, i created new game types using game make 3 so there appear seperate in the rankings,
But now after the stats have been populated a little i dont think i am going to worry about trying to split them across two seperate pages,
Thanks

hitpoint

Postby hitpoint » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 am

Yes i am VERY much interested in this, if you would be so kind to do a check on the mutator that is run and then rename the game accordingly. I have another suggestion however.

Would it be possible to add an extra page to the Admin-page, could maybe call it "Game Type", in this one could define mutator to look for and which game type this should be renamed into. The mutator name must be handwritten as it appears in the log-file.

If you go to my webpage http://hitpointgamer and check Capture The Flag games you will see many of those are in fact instagib CTF and not regular.

Thanks.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:57 am

Pretty much anything can be done, it's just a matter of someone spending the time to do it.
It sounds like you basically just want to have a look-up table to set the display name of the game types. This should probably be done by adding a column to the types table then redoing the section in logmatchevents.php that has the hard-coded built-in match types.

hitpoint

Postby hitpoint » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Thank you for your reply, i do not want to sounds too noob, but i have to admit, i am a noob in this field of php and MySQL. But could you please give a little bit more detail what you suggest and what you think i should do?

You say i should add an extra column, by this you mean i should add an extra raw in the already existing table in Myself to define how the Instagib should look like?

Actually i have the following game types:
DM
Duel
TDM
CTF
--------------------------
Instagib DM
InstaGib Duel
InstaGib CTF

The mutator i am using is called "UnlaggedInstagib.UnlaggedInstagib", unfortunately i do not have access to one of the log-files but i believe Shock Riffle turns up as something like "UnlaggedInstagib_Shock" or something similar.

I am not entirely sure how i should pull all this together, so if you have further input i would be happy to hear from you.

HitPoint

hitpoint

Postby hitpoint » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:03 am

I had a look in the types table in the database and it already included Instagib CTF as a gaming mode, this was game mode nr 11.

When i looked into the logmatchevents.php, it does indeed have some hard coded match types, but it was multiple places it is hard-coded and the first instance i could find was one that mention to remove match types, it was rather confusing.Is it possible for you to give move tips on this case?

HitPoint

Return to “UTStatsDB”