SpeedMod Mutator

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
FlyveHest

SpeedMod Mutator

Postby FlyveHest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 am

I'm using the SpeedMod Mutator and have the gamespeed set at 25%, the 20 minute matches are logged as only taking 5 minutes (via the chatlog, and connection log)

I have the latest UTStatsDB version from SVN (build 118)

Are you checking the gamespeed by looking for the specific speedup/slowdown mutators that come along with UT3?

I can see that the match-length are reported as 20 minutes in a specific match overview, (Match Limit: 20 minutes)

Panther
Site Admin

Re: combo not showing up in matches be in player records

Postby Panther » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

Does the gamespeed option register as being set to 25%?
Send me some logs and I can have a look.

FlyveHest

Re: combo not showing up in matches be in player records

Postby FlyveHest » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 am

Logs PMed to you.

On another note, I had to revert to 3.06 instead of the SVN version, as I couldn't import logs when using the SVN version.

Panther
Site Admin

Re: SpeedMod Mutator

Postby Panther » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:38 am

The problem is that the mutator does not report the game speed in the server info, so UTStatsDB has no way of knowing what your game speed is. If the mutator simply sets GameSpeed to a value (1.00 = 100%) then UTStatsDB will adjust accordingly.

Why is the mutator needed? Can't you just set the game speed normally?

FlyveHest

Postby FlyveHest » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:19 am

As far as I know, its not possible to change the gamespeed "normally", it has to be done via a mutator.

But, I am writing my own mutator for this now, what is it exactly that UTStats is looking for (i'll just change it by hand in the existing logs), and, then i'll have a look at implementing this information in my own mutator.

I'm guessing that the mutator just does a

Code: Select all

WorldInfo.Game.SetGameSpeed(0.25);
And thats about it.

I just looked in the SpeedFreak mutator that comes with UT3, and the code there does the exact same thing.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

I've looked into this more and this is something that UT3Stats is going to have to supply. In previous versions of UT the SI tag had \GameSpeed\x.xx in it.

Return to “UTStatsDB”