UTstatsDB and UT99

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
DrZoidberg

UTstatsDB and UT99

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:55 pm

After getting UT2004 running with full stats support i decided it was time to switch my atention to getting stats running on UT99,

Am i correct in saying that the latest version of UTstatsDB is compatiable with UT99 ? and that olstats is not ?

So is there something else that needs to be added to UT99 in place of olstats ? or will it work with out?

I have a 2nd set of UTstatsDB running seperate from my UT2004 copy and database set up.

UT99 is creating logs in the /server/logs folder but they are being moved to /server/NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs so i pointed UTstatsDB at that folder

The log files start with Unreal. rather than Stats_ as they do in Ut2004 so i changed that in the admin so UTstatsDB is looking for files with Unreal. prefix.

But when i click the Parse logs option in the admin it says no logs found even though there are 4 or 5 sat there.

I dont know where to look or what to change now?
And once it is seeing the logs correcly is it possible to get it running automatic Parseing as olstats does with UT2004?

Everything is running on windows XP SP 2
UTstatsDB version 3.01

Thanks
Keith

Panther
Site Admin

Re: UTstatsDB and UT99

Postby Panther » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:12 pm

UTStatsDB does indeed work with UT '99. OLStats works only with UT2004. UT '99 has logging capability built-in.
The prefix for UT '99 is normally "Unreal.ngLog.".
For automatic parsing simply configure a scheduled task to run the log parser periodically. If you're using MySQL there is no concern of the parser trying to run in multiple sessions simultaneously.

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks Panther

I have changed it to look for unreal.nglog. (think i tryed that before) but it still says no logs.
The log files do not show the normal windows icon associated with log files, it is the icon used when windows does not know what else to do with it.

i opened a couple of the logs in the /server/NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs folder and they are just full of squares, no text in there at all.

Do i need to stop the logs going to this destination and just leave them in the server/logs folder ? is UT99 doing something with the log files that then makes them no good for any other use?

I know ngstatsut.exe gets run at some point, perhaps i will try turning this off, unless this is what creates the logs?

The shecduled task will be esy enough once it is seeing correct logs,

thanks Panther

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Problem sorted, I stopped the localbatcher so the logs are left in server/logs folder,

fiddled with the log config a few times (worked out it is case sensitive and i had an l instead of L) and all is working,

Now to set a schedule to automate parsing.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 pm

To answer some of your other questions - you do not need to run any of the ngStats utilities, you just need to have the log files created. The logs are in UTF-16 format which is a 16-bit format, even though only 8-bits are actually used for the stats. UTStatsDB automatically detects and parses these files appropriately.

Return to “UTStatsDB”