SQLite error

General forum for discussions regarding UTStatsDB
DrZoidberg

SQLite error

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:39 am

Hello
I had to stop my server to make some hardware changes and when i come back and restart my UT2k4 server i get the following error

----------------------------------------
OLStats Remote Parser Operation Complete
ERROR: Server responded: 500 Internal Server Error
----------------------------------------

I have no idea what this is and done nothing with SQL when i installed the UTStatsDB other than leave it running SQlite and giving the info it needed.

While the server is responding with this error i also can not access the web page,

No SQLite Support found

is returned there,
This is the first time i have taken the UT server down since getting UTStatsDB running,
If you could offer any help/suggestions here would be very greatful.

Thanks
Keith

DrZoidberg

Re: SQLite error

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:04 pm

OK i have been playing with this and so far can not find the cause of the problem.

So i was thinking i would switch from SQLite to the full SQL, i attempted this originally but failed and switched to lite instead,
Another attempt to come, im sure i will be back here with more problems.

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Well, your problem with SQLite is apparent that it's either not installed or not enabled in PHP. Check your php.ini file and make sure your php_sqlite.dll extension is enabled.

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Well im not sure how or why but it is working again,

I had been over the php.ini file a dozen times and had the correct lines set with out ; in front.

Although on the original attempt to get it running i did install MySQL it was version 4 something,
I gave up and decided to switch it back to SQLite which your setup guide says you can skip over the SQL section so i did,

The only thing i have done now is uninstall MySQL 4 and install MySQL 5 and have a go with that, with the same bad outcome as i had with 4, so i switch back to SQLite again and it runs again, very strange, but its working,

Hopefully next time i need to reboot i dont get the same problem.

Thanks

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Ok so everything is working again, given it a test and all is fine,

Now i want to keep the logs so if i run into problems again down the line i still have all the info to do a quick restore,

Currently when the logs are read into the database they are then deleted,
I have read some where about &savelog being added to logs.php - would that be correct?
But it also said that if you do this the logs get read and re-read while they are still in the folder - is this also correct?

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:58 am

What you want is to set the Backup folder path in your logs configuration. This should be a relative or direct path to a server writable directory to save successfully parsed logs.

DrZoidberg

Postby DrZoidberg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:53 am

What you want is to set the Backup folder path in your logs configuration. This should be a relative or direct path to a server writable directory to save successfully parsed logs.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Would you care to expand on that
:oops: :oops: :oops:
For example tell me exactly what i need to put in what file?

A path to a folder i want to store the logs in - check
set that path in the log configuration - ???

Return to “UTStatsDB”